Navigate to Settings → Roles to access Roles and configure Permissions.
Note: A default set of Roles and Permissions will already be established in your Mintent account. Standard Roles include Admin (full Settings access and user editing capabilities), Manager (responsible for managing a team of users), Author, Approver (to be used in Approval Workflow Stages), Requester (limited to generating Requests) and Ideator (limited to generating Ideas).
Here you'll find the following:
- User Settings: Navigate to Settings > Users to create and configure Users
- Delete: Enables you to permanently delete a selected Role.
- Add New Role: Enables you to create and configure a new Role.
- Archived Roles: Enables you to view Archived/Deleted Roles. These cannot be restored, but you can see the permissions associated with each.
How to edit Permissions within a Role
Click on View/Edit next to the role you'd like to edit, to access an Edit User Role Dashboard where you can customize the User's Permissions.
Click here to access a list of the various Permissions you can set and their descriptions.
Once you select the desired Permissions, click Save.
Adding a new Role
- Click on the + Add New Role button.
- Fill in the Name of the Role.
- Fill in a Description. (Optional, but recommended for future reference.)
- Select User Permissions to assign to this Role.
- Click Save.
- Navigate to Settings > Users and Assign the Role to the appropriate Users.
Deleting a Role
- Select the Role(s) you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
- Click Yes, Delete to confirm deletion.
Need help setting up Roles, Permissions or specific Users? Reach out via email to email@example.com or click the chat icon in the bottom right hand corner of the app to ask our team questions.