What is an Inbound Tracked Link?
Inbound Tracked Links are unique links shared via online or offline Channels, which link to any piece of content you choose (e.g. blog post or landing page links shared on Facebook, Twitter and an offline brochure or ad.) These links are used to compare the performance of the chosen channels.
How to Create Inbound Tracked Links
- Create a Content Item or navigate to an existing item. You can follow our guide on creating items here to get started.
- Configure Tracked Campaign and Channel fields as needed.
- Navigate to the Tracked Links section.
- Select Inbound as the link type. (Click here to learn more about link types.)
- Enter a Destination URL to be Tracked (i.e. the URL associated with your Content Item)
- Customize the Link Title (Optional, as this title will be automatically populated based on the Title Tag of the Destination URL. Note: You may want to edit this title to make sure it is unique and easily recognizable within your Dashboards.)
- Select a Domain (mintent.id is the default. Click here to learn how to add your own custom branded domain.)
- Enter a Vanity Path (Optional. A vanity path enables you to create a fully branded, custom URL of your choosing. Click here to learn more about Vanity Paths. Mintent will create a generic Tracked Link with your chosen vanity path associated with the Content Item, which can be used anywhere.)
- Select a Campaign Value to associate with your Tracked Links. (Optional, but recommended as this will enable you to view and compare click data for multiple links and Content Items within a Campaign.)
- Select Channels to associate with your Tracked Links. (Optional, but highly Recommended as this will enable you to view and compare the performance of links by Channel.)
- Customize individual Vanity Paths (Optional. These vanity paths will be auto-generated based on the Campaign and Channel combinations you have selected, but can be customized with any unique letters, numbers or words you choose for easy brand recognition and recall. If no Vanity Path is entered a unique random alphanumeric path will be auto-generated.)
- Click the Create Links button in the top right hand corner.
- Copy your Tracked Links individually or Export the entire list of created links and use in your social posts or other chosen channels.
If you have any trouble creating Inbound Tracked Links, please contact email@example.com or click the chat icon in the bottom right hand corner of the app and we will be happy to help you.