What is an Outbound Tracked Link?
Outbound Tracked Links are unique links from a piece of content (e.g. included or embedded within a blog post, article or email) to another related piece of content (e.g. links within one blog post to another blog post, article or landing page). These links can be used to determine which links within a piece of content are most or least popular or to measure the effectiveness of your calls to action.
How to Create Outbound Tracked Links
- Create a Content Item or navigate to an existing item. You can follow our guide on creating items here to get started.
- Navigate to the Tracked Links section.
- Select Outbound as the link type. (Click here to learn more about link types.)
- Select a Campaign value to associate with your inks with. (Optional, but recommended as this will enable you to view and compare click data for multiple links and Content Items within a Campaign.)
- Enter a Destination URL to be Tracked (i.e. the URL associated with the piece of content you are linking to)
- Customize the Link Title (Optional, as this title will be automatically populated based on the Title Tag of the Destination URL. Note: You may want to edit this title to make sure it is unique and easily recognizable within your Dashboards.)
- Select a Domain (mintent.id is the default. Click here to learn how to add your own custom branded domain.)
- Customize individual Vanity Paths (Optional. Vanity paths are typically used for easy recognition and recall, but in the case of Outbound Tracked Links they are typically hidden behind text in body content. If no Vanity Path is entered a unique random alphanumeric path will be auto-generated. Click here to learn more about Vanity Paths.)
- Repeat for as many Outbound Tracked Links as you are including in your Content Item. Click the Green + button to add additional rows.
- Click Create Links button in the top right hand corner.
- Copy your Tracked Links individually or Export the entire list of created links and use in your social posts or other chosen channels.
If you have any trouble creating Outbound Tracked Links, please contact email@example.com and we will be happy to help you.