The Copy button found within a Creative Brief will enable you to quickly create and configure new Content Items using the common Fields, Workflow and/or Attachments from an original item as a starting point. You can create multiple copies or just a single copy, as needed.
This feature was primarily designed to help users more efficiently build and configure Campaigns with multiple pieces and types of content. For example, you may have a campaign which includes a blog post, video, landing page, email or social posts. All of these Content Items may have the same Field values for Campaign, Theme, Audience, Persona, etc, but the Content Type and Target Due Dates may differ. By copying an original Content Item, you can edit the copied Items directly within a simple List view, without having to create and edit each one individually.
Step by Step
- Navigate to the Content Item you would like to copy.
- Click the Copy Button in the top right.
- Select the number of copies you would like to create.
- Confirm if you would like to also Copy the Workflow and/or Attachments.
- Click Copy to confirm selections.
- If you created one copy, you will be redirected to it immediately, where it can be edited as needed.
- If you created 2 or more copies you will be redirected an editable List view of newly copied Content Items.
- Edit the Fields for each Content Item to your desired values. For example, you may want to change the Title, Content Type, Target Due Date, etc. specific to each copied Content Item.
- Click Done Editing when finished.
As noted above, if you choose to create multiple copies, you will be redirected to an editable List view. Here you can select the Content Items you wish to edit and click the Edit button.
Do not see the Fields you want to edit in bulk? Click Columns to add or hide the columns you do or do not wish to edit.
Use this option to copy the workflow associated with the original Content Item, including any users assigned to it. Note: The Workflow will still need to be Started in the newly copied Content Item.
Use this option if you want to include any attachments uploaded to the original Content Item.
Common Copy Use Cases
- Quickly Create Content for a New Campaign with multiple pieces of commonly themed content
- Quickly Create Content for Social if using unique Content Types e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn posts